Clay brick from an ancient building, from the royal city of Susa, with six lines of cuneiform inscription. This is a well known inscription of Untash-Napirisha of Susa, a region in SW Iran.
The translation is as follows:
- Line 1: I am the Son of Hubanummenna, the King of Anzan and Susa.
- Line 2: In order that I have my health and well being.
- Line 3: That I have no "heart freezing" bitter disaster, (death).
- Line 4: For that reason I built the sanctuary with a Kukkum (brick walls) of Ubqumia.
- Line 5: And gave it to Inshushinak, the god of Sijankuk.
- Line 6: What has been built and improved by me, may it be preserved for me forever by Inshushinak.